- 1 pound (~4 cups) fresh green beans, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 2 cups creamy mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup almond flour to use as topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and blanch your green beans by letting them cook for 3-4 minutes – then add them to ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet, add the chopped bacon. After a couple minutes add the ghee and onions. Cook until the onions are caramelized (be patient).
- In an 8×8 baking dish, combine the green beans with the onion mixture and then stir in the creamy mushroom sauce.
- Sprinkle with almond flour and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Then set oven to broil for a couple minutes or until the top is golden brown (watch carefully).