- Add the cashew milk, coconut milk, cardamom and saffron to a pot and bring the mixture to a full boil. Keep an eye on the pot so that it doesn’t boil over.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the almond flour, and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and immediately stir in the sweetener and pistachios. Allow the mixture to cool on the stovetop. (I suggest tasting a spoonful of the mixture and adding more sweetener to taste if needed).
- Next, pour the mixture into an ice cream mold and freeze until solid.
- When serving, garnish with crushed pistachios.
- I use small dixie cups as they are easy to unmold and give the ice cream a “kulfi-like shape.” You can also use these traditional kulfi molds or the ice cream mold of your choice.
- *If you use sweetened cashew milk then you may want to use less maple syrup/honey.
- I suggest tasting a little spoonful before you freeze the mixture – that way you can adjust the level of sweetness!