These paleo potato pakoras are the Indian version of french fries. Serve them with chutney or ketchup.
- Slice the potatoes into 1⁄4-inch slices and add them to a bowl with 2 tablespoons of arrowroot flour. Mix well and set aside for now.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients listed under “Batter” and mix well.
- Heat oil in a wok or a deep, wide bottomed pot to 360°F or until a small drop of the mixture sizzles and floats to the top.
- Dip a potato slice in the batter and then gently place it into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown. Fry 4-5 pakoras at a time and repeat until batter is done.
- Remove pakoras from the oil and place them onto a paper towel lined plate and serve immediately.
- If making in advance, cool the pakoras on a wire rack to maintain crispiness. You can also reheat the pakoras in an oven at 350°F for 10 minutes, or until crisp.