- 1 pound strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup melted ghee or grassfed butter, plus extra for drizzling on top
- 4 large eggs
- Whipped Coconut Cream, Whipped Cream or Creme Fraiche
- Add the strawberries to a bowl along with the coconut sugar and mix well.
- Place the bowl in the fridge, and allow the fruit to sit for 30 minutes. You want to macerate the strawberries, allowing them to release their natural juices.
- Meanwhile, follow the steps below to bake the shortcakes/biscuits.
- Once the biscuits are done, slice them in half, place strawberries on the bottom half, making sure to also add a spoonful of the natural juices.
- Next, add a dollop of whipped coconut cream, whipped cream or creme fraiche on top of the berries.
- Place the top of the biscuit on the shortcake and serve.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add the coconut flour and baking soda to a bowl and mix well.
- Pour the melted ghee into the bowl and mix well (I use an electronic hand mixer).
- Next, add the eggs and continue to mix until well combined.
- Use a large-sized disher/cookie scoop to measure out dough (about 3 tablespoons) and drop onto a baking greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.