These savory donuts are tasty right out of the oven, but to make them taste more like the real thing, you’ll want to deep fry them so that they’re nice and crispy. These are delicious on their own or with chutney.
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot flour (or tapioca flour)
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large Serrano pepper, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons melted ghee
- Avocado oil or fat of choice, enough to fry
- Preheat a mini donut maker OR if using a donut pan, preheat oven to 350°F .
- Add the almond flour, arrowroot flour, coconut flour, baking soda, Serrano pepper, salt, cumin and black pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Next, add the coconut milk and ghee to the bowl and mix until smooth.
- Scoop the batter into a ziplock bag, seal the top, and snip one of the bottom corners.
- Pipe the batter into the mold until full. If it spills over, that’s okay, you can trim off the edges after they have cooled.
- Cook until the donut machine indicator light goes off. For the oven, bake for 15 minutes. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- To make them crispy, heat oil in a wok or a deep, wide bottomed pot to 360°F. 8. Deep-fry them until golden brown, then place them on a paper towel lined plate to cool.
feel free to adjust the spices in this to your taste!