Paleo Vanilla Cupcakes
- ½ cup cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour or arrowroot flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup ghee or 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- Use whipped coconut cream to keep this recipe paleo, or make this simple buttercream frosting:
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup ghee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1–2 tablespoons dairy-free milk of choice
- 1–2 teaspoons beet juice, adjust to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl combine the dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, salt).
- Add the maple syrup, melted butter/ghee, and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix well.
- Then, add the eggs and mix well.
- Spoon the batter into a cupcake pan (parchment cupcake liners work well). *See notes if using a cake pan.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool.
Use whipped coconut cream to keep this recipe paleo, or make this simple buttercream frosting:
- Combine the sugar, ghee and vanilla extract into the bowl of a stand mixer and mix on low speed. Add the dairy-free milk and beet juice to the bowl slowly and continue to mix on low speed. If the frosting isn’t spreadable, add more milk. If the frosting is too thin, add a few spoonfuls of powdered sugar. Keep remaining frosting in the fridge for up to a week.
- If you are using a cake pan instead of a cupcake pan then increase the bake time to 30 minutes.