- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup unsalted/raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter
- 1 ¼ cups (frozen or thawed) onion masala
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon paprika or kashmiri chili (for color)
- ¾ teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne, adjust to taste
- Pinch of dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi
- 1 (14 ounce) block Paneer, cubed
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream OR full-fat (unsweetened) coconut cream, to taste
- Add the water and cashews to a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside for now.
- Add the ghee, onion masala and spices to a saucepan over low heat and allow it to simmer for a couple minutes (if using frozen masala then simmer until the masala melts).
- Pour the blended cashews into the saucepan along with the paneer and cook until the paneer is heated through.
- Stir in the cream and serve.