- 5 lbs pears, peeled, cored, chopped
- ¼ cup water
- 4–6 cardamom pods, freshly ground
- Big pinch of ground ginger
- Wash, core, peel and chop your pears (peeling is optional).
- Add all of your ingredients to your crock pot and cook on low overnight for 9-12 hours.
- Puree pears with an immersion blender or put everything into a blender and then put the puree back into the crock pot.
- Cook on low for a few more hours or until the pear butter reaches your desired thickness (I did another 6 hours).