- 5 medjool dates, pits removed
- 1 cup pecan halves, plus 8 extra halves for garnish
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 – ½ teaspoon sea salt (adjust to taste, I prefer salty sweets) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Chop the dates and put them in a blender or a food processor along with 1 cup of pecans, maple syrup, and sea salt. Blend until the mixture becomes a thick puree.
- Using a 2-inch cookie scoop, drop cookies onto a greased baking sheet.
- Press down on the cookies with your fingers to flatten them.
- Top the cookies with pecan halves.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.