- 2 raw green plantains, peel and cube
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 2 serrano peppers, slit but keep in tact
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10–12 curry leaves
- handful of unsweetened grated coconut (I use the brand Daily Delight fresh frozen grated coconut found)
- Put the cubed plantains in a pot with 1 cup of water, turmeric and salt. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft. Drain water from the pot.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When they start to splutter, add the serrano pepper, ginger, garlic and curry leaves.
- Add the cooked plantain pieces and grated coconut to the pan and mix together.