- 3 eggs, hardboiled and peeled
- 2 pounds gold potatoes (approx. 6 small-medium potatoes)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ – ¼ teaspoon cayenne, adjust to taste
- 4 tablespoons high-quality mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons sliced or diced olives of your choice (approx. 10 pitted black olives)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely diced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- If using an Instant Pot, place 2 cups of water into the pot, then place a steamer rack inside the pot. Place the potatoes and eggs on top of the steaming rack and cook on low pressure for 12 minutes. Once the cooking time is done, open the valve to release any remaining pressure. Place the eggs into an ice water bath.
- If using a stove top, boil the eggs and potatoes separately: Place the eggs in a pot, add enough water to cover them and bring the pot to a boil. Remove the pot from the stove, cover and let the eggs sit in the water for 12 minutes. Place the eggs in ice water, peel, chop them and place them into a bowl. Place the potatoes in a pot, add water to cover them and bring the pot to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium, cover the pan and cook until tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Chop the potatoes and the eggs and add them to a bowl with the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Place the bowl in the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.