- 6 eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Serrano pepper (more if you like it spicy), minced
- 1-inch knob ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 medium tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- Heat ghee in a pan over medium heat and add onion, bay leaf and Serrano pepper.
- When onion browns, add ginger and garlic. Stir-fry for a minute.
- Add the spices, stir, then add the tomatoes and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Add ½ cup water, cover the pan and cook until the tomatoes break down (5-10 minutes).
- Add the eggs and stir so they get some color. You can always sprinkle a little turmeric or paprika to add more color to the eggs.