- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup cashew milk (or nut milk) + more, according to desired consistency
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup salsa
- Cover the peeled potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Drain.
- Add the potatoes, nut milk, nutritional yeast and spices to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add this mixture and the salsa to a saucepan over medium heat and mix until warmed through. Add more nut milk according to desired consistency (I added an extra 1/2 cup to make it very creamy).