- oil/fat of choice, use enough to shallow fry
- ½ cup Almond Flour
- ½ cup Tapioca Flour
- 1 cup Coconut Milk, canned and full fat
- 1 tsp salt, adjust to taste
- ½ tsp Kashmiri Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 handful cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, minced (or adjust to taste)
- 1/2 inch ginger, grated
- Add almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut milk and spices to a bowl – mix together.
- Then, stir in the onion, cilantro, serrano pepper and ginger.
Fry the Pancakes!
- Heat a saute pan on low-medium heat, add enough oil/fat to coat your pan – then pour ¼ cup of batter onto pan. Spread the mixture out on your pan.
- Fry this for about 3-4 minutes per side – drizzle a bit more oil on top of the pancake before you flip it. (Stoves vary, so cook until both sides are golden brown).
- Repeat until batter is done – continue to add oil as needed.
- Eat with green chutney or paleo ketchup 🙂
I like my pancakes to have slightly crispy edges – if you want yours to be slightly crispy, just add more oil and shallow fry.
These do take awhile to fry, so try to use a large pan so that you can make a few at a time!
*If using chickpea flour – leave out the almond flour, tapioca flour, and coconut milk. Add 1 cup chickpea flour and then add water as needed for a pancake batter consistency.