- 1 (28 ounce) can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garam masala, add more to taste
- 1/2 – 1 cup water, depending on how thick you’d like the curry
- In a coffee grinder, finely grind cloves and cardamom.
- In crock pot, add all ingredients listed except tomatoes, water and garam masala (you will add this at the end).
- Set to high and cook for 4 hours – stirring the curry every hour or so.
- After four hours, add tomatoes, garam masala and water. Cook on high for another hour or until the meat is tender.
- there is no liquid in this recipe (until the very end) – the goat meat will release it’s own liquid! The reason you don’t want to add water in the beginning is because you want the onions to caramelize in the crock pot. It’ll make for a more tasty masala. Trust the recipe as written 😉
- you can use goat stew meat or another cuts with the bone in will also taste great. Typically we get goat leg cut into pieces.
- looking for an instant pot version of this recipe? you can find my instant pot goat curry here.