- 2 cans Organic Coconut Milk (full fat)
- 3 cups of spaghetti squash strands
- 1 tablespoon Grassfed Organic Ghee or coconut oil
- 1+ tsp freshly ground cardamom seeds (remove pod, just use seeds), adjust to taste
- 2–3+ tbs Raw Honey, adjust to taste (I think raisins add sweetness, but the hubby likes it SWEET)
- Golden raisins
- Sliced almonds
- Prepare spaghetti squash using the oven method (below) to achieve “noodles”.
- Heat ghee in pan and stir-fry the dry spaghetti squash strands. Then, stir-fry nuts and raisins.
- In another saucepan, add coconut milk and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat slightly, add honey, ground cardamom and stir.
- After about 10-15 minutes, once the milk has thickened a bit, add the ghee-coated spaghetti strands. Stir for a few more minutes, garnish with ghee-coated nuts and raisins and then serve.
To prepare squash using the oven method:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut the squash in half, scoop out the seeds, and brush on some ghee to the cut sides.
- Place squash cut side down in a baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until you can easily pierce the skin with a knife (cooking time depends on size of squash).
If you want a smaller portion, feel free to halve this recipe 🙂
Also, don’t forget the raisins and nuts. The warm ghee-coated raisins and nuts really add something special to the dish!