- 6 Apples, halved and hollowed out using a melon baller
Savory Ground Beef Filling:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- ½ cup walnut halves and pieces, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add the oil and onions to a sauté pan or dutch oven over medium heat. Sauté for 5-6 minutes, or until the onions have softened.
- Next, add the ground beef and spices and cook until browned.
- Turn off the heat.
- Stir in the cranberries, celery, walnuts and sage.
- Spoon the mixture into the hollowed apple halves and bake at 350F for 25 minutes, or until the apples are tender.