- 1 pound pork (organic and/or pastured if possible)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- ½ cup finely diced apple
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped sage
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2–3 tablespoons butter or enough to shallow fry
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the butter, into a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 10-12 patties.
- Melt the butter in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the patties to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.