- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Serrano pepper, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Big pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound peeled cubes of butternut squash* (see notes)
- Small handful of fresh sage, minced
- Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and Serrano pepper and cook for 6-7 minutes, or until the onions begin to brown.
- Add garlic, spices and ground beef and mix well.
- Once the beef begins to brown, add the butternut squash and mix well.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover with a lid for 10 minutes, or until the butternut squash is cooked through.
- Remove the lid, add fresh sage and mix well.
*I bought pre-cut organic butternut squash (at costco) and then cut it into even smaller cubes. You can do this with a regular butternut squash but it’ll add to your prep time.