- 3 cups diced sweet potato (approx. 14 oz)
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne, adjust to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon mustard powder
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Add the sweet potatoes and water to a saucepan. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft. Allow this to cool.
- Pour the contents of the saucepan into a blender along with the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add the sauce back to the saucepan over medium heat and stir for 3-4 minutes until hot.
- If you want a thinner consistency, add water to the pan and stir.
- Serve warm.
If you prefer a thinner consistency you can add more hot water to the sauce.