- In a dry skillet, add cumin seeds and fennel seeds and stir–fry until brown and fragrant. Grind these spices in a spice blender.
- Combine all of the ingredients, including the freshly ground cumin and fennel, in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook for 20–25 minutes or until the chutney has slightly thickened and coats the back of a spoon. You will want to stir occasionally during this time.
- Allow the mixture to cool down, strain the liquid through a strainer, then serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week or put it in the freezer for longer storage.