- 4 pounds of chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ lime, juiced
- Rinse chicken and remove skin. With a sharp knife, make 2 deep incisions in each drumstick and cut tendon on drumstick.
- Make a spice paste by combining salt, paprika and lime juice in a small bowl. Rub the paste into the cuts in chicken.
- While the chicken is absorbing the flavors from the spice paste, coarsely grind your coriander, cumin, fennel, cardamom and cloves in a spice grinder.
- In a blender, add garlic, ginger, lime juice, yogurt (or coconut milk), salt, paprika, cayenne and the freshly ground spices. Blend together and add mixture to the chicken. Once the chicken is well coated, add a couple tablespoons of mustard oil on top.
- Place the chicken in refrigerator to marinate for about 20 minutes. Take out of fridge and bring to room temperature before putting in oven.
- Place the drumsticks on a wire rack sitting on top of a foil lined pan.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees on the convection setting and cook for 20 minutes or until done.