- 2 pounds Butternut Squash, peeled
- 4 cups Organic Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- ⅓ cup Cashew Butter
- 2 tablespoons Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 Onion, roughly chopped
- 5 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1-inch Ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons Thai Curry Paste
- 2 tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 4 tablespoons Coconut Aminos
- ½ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Salt, adjust to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Lime, juiced
- Melt the coconut oil in a dutch oven or heavy bottomed pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions and saute for 7-10 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
- Once that happens, add the garlic, ginger and Thai curry paste and give it a quick stir.
- Then add the butternut squash, chicken stock, cashew butter, fish sauce, coconut aminos, spices and lime juice.
- Stir until the cashew butter melts into the soup, then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pot and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the butternut squash is tender.
- Use an immersion blender (or a regular blender) to carefully puree the soup.
- Garnish with crushed cashews, cilantro or Thai basil if desired.