- 3 tablespoons avocado oil or fat of choice, divided
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 Thai eggplants, sliced
- 3 Thai bird chillies, slit
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch knob fresh ginger, minced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 small can of water chestnuts
- 1 large handful of Thai Basil
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can of coconut milk
- Juice from one small lime
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Carrots for garnish, optional
- Heat 1 ½ tablespoons avocado oil in a wok or skillet over medium heat and cook the chicken. Season well with salt and pepper. Once done, remove chicken and place into bowl.
- Add another 1 ½ tablespoons of oil and stir fry the Thai eggplants, Thai bird chilies, garlic, ginger and half of the onion. Add the green curry paste and mix well.
- Once the eggplant has slightly softened, add the rest of the onion, bell pepper and fish sauce.
- Stir fry for a minute and then add water chestnuts, Thai basil and coconut milk.
- Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Put the cooked chicken back into the curry and add the lime juice.
- Garnish with carrots if desired and serve.