- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or fat of choice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 Thai bird chilies, slit but keep intact
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch-knob ginger, minced
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 medium broccoli head, chopped into florets
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 giant handful of Thai basil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Heat a skillet or wok over medium heat and add the oil, onion and Thai chilies.
- Once the onion begins to brown, add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, cumin, salt, black pepper and ground beef. Cook until the beef is no longer pink.
- Stir in the red curry paste then add broccoli. Cook for a minute then add tomato sauce, fish sauce and Thai basil.
- Simmer on low for about 10-15 minutes – or until sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the fresh lime juice and serve.
I always use grassfed beef, so if you’re using regular beef, you can probably cut down on the oil.
Also, if you can’t find Thai bird chilies, use serrano peppers instead.