- 1 pound ground meat (I like using ground beef)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 3 Thai bird’s eye chilies, minced
- handful of Thai basil, chopped
- ½ – 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons red onion, minced (or half a small red onion)
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 2 eggs, whisked
- Oil, enough to shallow fry (about 2 tablespoons)
- Mix all the ingredients for the meatballs and form into little balls.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat and fry the meatballs until golden. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the onion and a pinch of salt to the same pan so that the onions can soak up the oil/beef fat.
- Once the onions become golden and soft, add ginger, garlic and Thai bird’s eye chilies.
- After a minute, add the curry paste and stir-fry. Then add the coconut milk.
- Put meatballs back in the pan and simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with lime wedges and enjoy.