- 1 lb chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat
- 1 can organic pumpkin puree (15 oz)
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2–3 Thai bird’s eye chilies, slit but keep in tact
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- ½ tsp turmeric
- freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs red curry paste
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 1 giant handful of Thai basil, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper
- ½ small lime, juice
- coconut sugar, optional
- Heat coconut oil in a pan on medium heat then add onion, thai bird chilies and a pinch of salt.
- Once onion begins to turn golden, add ginger and garlic.
- After a couple minutes, add the cumin, coriander, turmeric, salt, pepper and curry paste.
- Add cubed chicken to the pan and stir to coat the meat with the spices. This will give the chicken some color and flavor.
- Throw in the bell pepper and Thai basil, give it a quick stir and then pour the coconut milk and canned pumpkin. Add fish sauce.
- Reduce heat and simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Stir in the lime juice and add a little coconut sugar if needed – then serve.