- 1 tablespoon ghee/butter or fat of choice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sage (approx. 10 sage leaves)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup chicken broth or turkey broth
- 2–3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (if you omit, you may want to add a bit more salt to your batter)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt ghee in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and celery to the pan and saute for about 5 minutes. Next, add the walnuts and saute for another couple minutes. Set this mixture aside for now.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, sage, rosemary and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Add the sauteed onion mixture into the bowl along with the eggs and chicken broth. Mix until well combined.
- Fold the cooked bacon crumbles into the batter.
- Spread the thick batter into a loaf pan and bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.