- 2 tablespoons ghee/butter
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup ground golden flaxseed meal (or almond flour)
- 4 tablespoons chopped sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne, optional
Topping: simply top with cranberry sauce or a mixture of:
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Melt ghee/butter in a pan over medium heat, then add celery and onions and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until softened. Add walnuts and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- While the onion mixture cools, add the ground turkey, eggs, flaxseed meal/almond flour, herbs and spices to a bowl and mix well. Then add the cooked onion mixture and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9×5 loaf pan and bake at 375F for 45 minutes.
- While the meatloaf is baking, combine ketchup and cranberry sauce together in a bowl and mix well.
- Remove the meatloaf, spread the ketchup on top, then bake for another 5 minutes or until cooked through (should reach an internal temp of 165F).
- Allow the loaf to rest for 10 minutes, then slice and serve.
- Omit topping if following a whole30 diet