- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add the nut butter, sugar, egg, baking soda and vanilla extract to a bowl and mix until well combined. A hand mixer will make this process faster but you can mix this by hand too.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop, place the dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Use your fingers to flatten the cookie. Repeat until the dough is done.
- Sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool down a bit then using a spatula, carefully move them to a wire rack to cool down completely. These cookies set once cool (if you pick them up while they are hot, they will crumble).
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for 3-4 days.
- Make sure to really stir the nut butter before measuring.
- You can use any nut butter but I highly suggest using cashew butter (it’s my favorite!).
- I also suggest using cane sugar though you can use coconut sugar – just know the color of the cookie will be a darker shade of brown.
- If you don’t have a cookie scoop, you can measure out the dough using a tablespoon. Just roll it into a ball, flatten it into a cookie and then place on a baking sheet. Repeat until dough is done.