- Bake sweet potatoes in an oven at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until tender. Set aside and let cool.
- Melt ghee in a saute pan over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, ginger and Serrano pepper and saute for 5-6 minutes, or until the onions begin to turn golden brown.
- Add the spices, stir-fry for 30 seconds, then pour the mixture into a large bowl along with the tuna and 1 cup of mashed sweet potato and mix well.
- Roll the mixture into flat little oblong shaped patties.
- Put the patties in the fridge overnight (or for at least a few hours) to help them retain their shape.
- In a plate, mix the almond flour and tapioca flour.
- Dip the patties into the whisked egg and then gently place into the almond and tapioca flour.
- Shallow fry the cutlets in ghee in a cast iron skillet until golden. Use a fork or spatula to gently flip them over.