- 4 cups watermelon rind, tough green skin removed and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- ½ serrano pepper, seeds removed, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon amchur (dried green mango powder)
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- Melt ghee in a pan on medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds. Once they begin to splutter, add the ginger, garlic and serrano pepper.
- After a minute, add the paprika, coriander powder, amchur, paprika, turmeric, and salt.
- Add the watermelon rind and water and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring at the halfway mark.
- Once the rind is soft and most of the water is absorbed, remove the lid and add the garam masala.
- Mix well and cook for another couple minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
You can also brown some ground meat and mix it in with this watermelon rind curry to make this a meal.