- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 onions, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1-2 jalapeño pepper, minced – adjust according to taste
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt, adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon freshly crushed black pepper, adjust to taste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (1 pound) bag of corn frozen corn, rinsed (optional if paleo)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed (optional if paleo)
- Serve with cilantro, hot sauce, cheese if desired
Slow Cooker Directions:
- Add all of the ingredients except for the cannellini beans and corn in a slow cooker.
- Cook for 4 hours on high or 6 on low.
- Remove the lid 30 minutes before cooking, shred the chicken, then stir in the cannellini beans and corn.
Instant Pot Directions:
- Add all of the ingredients except for the cannellini beans and corn to the Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 15 minutes at high pressure.
- Open the valve to quick release any pressure (this will allow the steam to escape and you’ll be able to open the lid sooner than waiting for natural release).
- Shred the chicken in the pot then add the cannellini beans and corn to the pot. Press the sauté button and cook for 5 minutes or until the beans and corn are heated through.