- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1–2 serrano peppers, minced
- 20 fresh curry leaves
- 1 cup grated coconut (I use the brand Daily Delight fresh frozen grated coconut)
- ¼ teaspoon Kashmiri chili powder (or a pinch of cayenne)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups grated zucchini: (I used 2 zucchini, 2 yellow squash)
- Melt the coconut oil in a skillet and add the mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds start to splutter, add the onion, serrano pepper, curry leaves, grated coconut and spices. Stir for a couple minutes and then add zucchini and stir-fry.
- Cook on low heat for about ten minutes while stirring occasionally.