This chilled apple cider punch is the perfect drink for early fall, when it’s still a bit too early to be thinking about warm drinks. It’s festive, easy to make and economical when hosting a large group.
Whenever we have a party at our house, I always serve a special drink. In the winter, it’s usually mulled wine, hot apple cider or hot chocolate. The rest of the year: punch.
I love punch because it’s easy to make and allows guests to serve themselves which leaves me (the host) free to chat and enjoy the party.
This chilled apple cider punch calls for three main ingredients: apple cider, orange juice and ginger beer. I also suggest adding a sliced apple and an orange to make the punch look a bit more festive. You can even throw in a couple cinnamon sticks or star anise if you want.
The great thing about this recipe is that it’s easily adaptable. You can switch out the orange juice for something else, like pomegranate juice or cranberry juice for example.
This simple cider punch recipe is definitely a crowd pleaser. Serve it with some rum or whiskey if you’d like! Cheers to y’all and cheers to apple season!Print
- ½ gallon (8 cups) apple cider
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 (12 ounce) bottles ginger beer
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- Rum, optional
- Add the apple cider and orange juice to a pitcher or punch bowl.
- Add the ginger beer, sliced apple and sliced orange to the pitcher right before serving.
- Serve over ice.
- Add rum to taste if using.
- You can switch the orange juice out for another type of juice if you prefer like pomegranate juice or cranberry juice for example.