When I was a kid, I lived for chocolate. Whenever we would get a box of chocolates, I would go through the box and take a bite out of each and every piece. Then, I’d put the box away, as though I’d never touched it. My mother still tells embarrassing stories of where she would find these boxes with half-eaten chocolate. Anyway, in every box there was always at least one, usually two, little coconut candies and when I would get to those, there was no taking just one bite.
The combination of coconut and chocolate is my very favorite, which is why I’ve made these little chocolate coconut butter cups. They are dangerously delicious and easy to make, so be careful with consumption. I’m having guests over later this week, so I’ll be serving these little treats with paleo ice cream for dessert.
There are just three ingredients to this recipe (four if you want to add coconut sugar). I use Enjoy Life’s dairy free mini chocolate chips whenever I make this recipe.
Put it in the freezer for 15 minutes or until they’ve hardened. I suggest removing them from the freezer only when you are ready to serve them – and don’t worry about them being hard and frozen. After a minute of being outside, they’ll begin to soften so that when you eat them, they will melt right in your mouth. This recipe will make about 16 pieces of coconut candy.Print
Chocolate Coconut Butter Cups (dairy-free)
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Put it in for 30 sections and then stir. Do this again for 10 seconds and repeat until the chocolate is melted.
- Add the coconut butter and stir until combined.
- Add coconut flakes and mix well.
- Taste. If the mixture is not sweet enough, add coconut sugar to taste. (I added 1 tsp).
- In a lined mini cupcake tin, pour the mixture about 3/4 of the way.
- Sprinkle some flakes on top and put in the freezer for 15 minutes or until hardened.
I also like this with a few pieces of sea salt on top!