When I was a kid, whenever someone would gift us with a box of chocolates, I’d go through the entire box and take a bite out of every piece. Then, I’d put the box away, as though I’d never touched it. My mom loves to tell embarrassing stories of how she’d find these ravaged boxes hidden around the house.
Anyway, there was always at least one, usually two, little coconut candies in every box, and when I would get to those, there was no taking just one bite.
The combination of chocolate with coconut is my very favorite, which is why I’ve made these little chocolate coconut butter cups. They are dangerously delicious and straightforward to make.
There are just three ingredients in this recipe: chocolate, coconut butter, and coconut flakes. If you need this recipe to be dairy-free, you can use Enjoy Life’s dairy-free mini chocolate chips to make this candy.
Melt chocolate, mix in coconut butter, and coconut flakes. Then pour the mixture to a lined mini-muffin pan.
Put the mini muffin pan in the freezer for 15 minutes, or until the chocolate hardens. Once solidified, I store these candies in the fridge.
This recipe will make about 16 pieces of coconut candy.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Put it in for 30 seconds and stir. Do this again for 10 seconds and repeat until the chocolate is melted.
- Add the coconut butter and stir until combined.
- Add coconut flakes and mix well.
- In a lined mini cupcake tin, pour the mixture about ¾ of the way.
- Sprinkle some coconut flakes on top and put in the freezer for 15 minutes or until the chocolate hardens.
- Remove from the freezer and enjoy! I suggest storing these candies in the fridge.