These grain-free eggnog pancakes need to be on your Christmas morning menu!
They’re festive and filling and best of all, allergy-friendly! This pancake recipe is gluten-free, grain-free and paleo-friendly. They taste just like regular pancakes! Top them with eggnog or maple syrup or better yet, both!
You can use dairy-free eggnog in this recipe if you want or use regular eggnog – that’s fine too! If you want it to be truly paleo-friendly, then skip the store and make your own eggnog. Whatever nog you decide to use, make these little flapjacks this month!
Pancake Sundays have become a thing at the Thomas household and these days, I am all about experimenting with different pancake flavor combinations. As of 2017, I have several pancake recipes on the blog and it makes me so happy to add this eggnog pancake recipe to the list! It’s the perfect December pancake. When I think of the perfect holiday breakfast, these eggnog pancakes are the first thing that come to mind.
Who needs maple syrup when you can drizzle eggnog on your eggnog pancakes?! Just kidding, don’t forget the syrup – you’ll want that too 🙂
You can top these pancakes with the crushed nuts of your choice: walnuts, pecans, almonds. Or you can make these even more decadent by adding CHOCOLATE CHIPS to the pancakes! I’ve had to stop adding chocolate chips to pancakes and muffins because Tony (my 14-month-old) will pick them out and only eat the chocolate. If I’m being honest, watching him do that makes me proud. He is my son through and through… but, you know, since I’m a mother and all I do want him eating more than just chocolate.
These pancakes are a breakfast treat that I can get on board with feeding my family. They’re made with grain free flours like almond flour, coconut flour and tapioca (or arrowroot) flour. Yes, they do call for eggnog, obviously, but there are healthy-ish eggnog options out there these days. I think this month is all about balance – eating well, but also treating yourself. And this my friends, is definitely a treat that I hope you’ll enjoy 🙂
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour (or arrowroot flour)
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup eggnog
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg, adjust to taste
- Toppings (optional): eggnog, maple syrup, crushed nuts, extra nutmeg
- Preheat a seasoned crepe pan over low heat (I have and LOVE this pan).
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until well combined.
- Pour ¼ cup batter onto a crepe pan over low heat and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the pancake looks mostly cooked through. Flip it over and cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Repeat until the batter is done.
If you’re looking for more ways to use up your eggnog then make this coconut flour eggnog cake!