You will not believe that this cake is flourless! It’s gluten-free and can be made with ANY nut butter (or seed butter). It’s so easy to make and tasty too.
You guys. I came up with this gluten-free peanut butter cake for a very special dude in my life who happens to think that sun butter/almond butter/cashew butter can’t hold a candle to peanut butter (you can use any nut butter in this recipe though).
Speaking of candles.
I wanted to put THIRTY of them on this flourless peanut butter cake (that just so happens to be speckled with plenty of mini chocolate chips).
Because the special dude in my life (Mr. Heart Beet – aka – my soulmate – aka – the best thing to ever happen to me – aka – even I know this is getting annoying but but hopefully you get how special he is to me) is THIRTY YEARS OLD TODAY. 3-0. THIRTY. Like, THREE DECADES OLD.
I wanted to do something special for him, so I made him this flourless cake – using his favorite nut butter of ’em all: PEANUT BUTTER.
His reaction after taking a bite:
Husband: “really? there’s no flour?”
Me: “it’s a flourless cake – definitely no flour”
Husband: “are you sure? how is there no flour in this cake?”
(he was basically amazed at my gluten-free baking skills).
Rob loves this cake. And, I love it too. It is reallllllllly good. Like, really good. It has become my go-to cake when I need something sweet but have limited ingredients on hand. The great thing about this recipe is that it calls for staples that almost everyone currently has in their pantry/fridge. The bad thing about this recipe? You’ll always have the ingredients handy, so you’ll be able to make this all the time, lol.
Hope you make and love this cake! Tell me what nut butter you use!
To Make Frosting:
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Add all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips to a bowl and mix until well combined and smooth (using an electric hand mixer or just by hand).
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a small 6-inch cake pan (or a 9×5 bread pan).
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
To Make Frosting
- Add the peanut butter and chocolate chips to a bowl and melt using the double boiler method or in intervals in the microwave.
- Once smooth, drizzle or spread on top of the cake.
Do you like your cake with a drizzle of frosting or fully frosted?