These homemade gluten free chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are quick and easy to make and taste delicious!
These cookies are made with gluten free rolled oats, which make them filling and hearty. They’re thick and a little chewy and dotted with mini chocolate chips and large flaky salt: sweet and salty perfection.
While I won’t call these cookies healthy, I will say they are probably a healthier option than the last gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe that I shared on my blog (decadent and delicious!).
These oatmeal cookies would be great for a new mama. As I’ve mentioned in a lot of my previous oatmeal recipe posts, oats can help with lactation and you can add some Brewer’s yeast to them too for an extra lactation boost. Also, all mamas, especially new mamas, deserve cookies. And you know, a trophy and a medal too. I started sharing a lot of oatmeal recipes when I myself was preparing for a baby and also postpartum – you can find all of my oatmeal recipes here.
Everyone will love these soft oatmeal cookies, especially if you add chocolate chips!
While best when eaten warm, these cookies will taste good for days. You can leave them on the counter in an air-tight container for a few days or stick them in the freezer and eat them when a cookie craving strikes 🙂
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup nut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt maldon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add the oats, coconut sugar and baking soda and mix well. Then add the nut butter, eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a small 2-inch cookie scoop, place the dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and use your fingers to flatten the cookie. Repeat until the dough is done.
- Sprinkle the cookies with flaky salt if desired.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for 3-4 days. After that, store in the freezer.