These healthy avocado deviled eggs are really simple to make – you just need a handful of ingredients and in just 15 minutes, you’ll have a delicious and healthy appetizer ready to serve!
I love classic deviled eggs but for those who can’t have mayo or don’t want to use mayo, these avocado deviled eggs make a unique and tasty substitute. I also prefer these because not only are they lighter than the traditional version, they’re also more travel-friendly. Since they’re mayo-free, you don’t have to worry about them spoiling if you take them out to a picnic – although I wouldn’t leave them out too long… These avocado filled eggs are the perfect outdoor spring appetizer.
These little green pretties couldn’t be easier to make! And they’re the perfect way to use up those dyed Easter eggs that you’ll be sure to have plenty of come the end of this month. Plus the filling is a light lime-ish green, so they’re all festive and spring-like Not to mention healthy…
Let me tell you why these healthy avocado deviled eggs are perfect for TWO holidays this month (and basically year-round).
- they’re light green in color, so that makes them *perfect* for St. Patrick’s Day!
- they’re a tasty and colorful way to use your dyed Easter eggs which also makes them *perfect* for Easter, of course!
Anddd I can even make a case for serving these mayo-free deviled eggs on Christmas (see the red cayenne on top of the green filling?!). Basically, you should eat these on any and every holiday – or whenever you’ve got a ripe avocado on hand. These are also a great anytime snack for those of you with kiddos – if they’re Dr. Suess fans then serve these green eggs with some ham!
There are really just three main ingredients that you need to make this fun and festive appetizer: avocados, eggs and a large lemon – all of which I bought from ALDI. Yep, you can find organic eggs and organic produce there! They started carrying organic avocados earlier this month and I’m crossing my fingers that they’ll keep expanding their organic options. I’ll keep adding my ALDI finds to my Real Food at ALDI shopping guide!
The great thing about these deviled eggs is that you can adapt them easily. Add some bacon or jalapeños or herbs to mix things up. Or try adding some minced onion and cilantro for guacamole deviled eggs. You can change things up every time you make them 🙂
- 8 organic eggs hard boiled
- 1 organic ripe avocado
- 1 large lemon juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Cayenne paprika, black pepper, optional
- Cut each hardboiled egg in half lengthwise and scoop out the yolks.
- Put the yolks, avocado, lemon juice and salt in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the yolk mixture into a piping bag and pipe into the middle of each egg white.
- Optional: sprinkle with cayenne, paprika and black pepper if desired to taste.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: Thanks ALDI for sponsoring this post! I love that you now carry so many gluten-free options for me & my readers!