You are going to want to put this lemon curd on everything!
It’s so sweet and tangy and bright! I can feel spring approaching, and it’s making me think about all things lemon! I know lemons are a winter fruit but doesn’t everyone mostly enjoy them during the warmer months? I mean, lemonade and summer basically go together, right?
I have a stovetop lemon curd recipe already on the blog BUT if you have an Instant Pot, THIS is how you’re going to want to make lemon curd from now on. It honestly couldn’t be easier.
How to make instant pot lemon curd:
- Blend all of the ingredients together and pour it into (an IP-safe/oven-safe) container.
- Pressure cook the lemon mixture! It comes out looking kind of like a set custard (as you can see in the step 2 photo).
- Then stir it! And watch as it turns into a creamy dreamy curd!
- Chill it in the fridge and once it’s nice and cold… put it on everything!
Oh hello, you beautiful spoonful of lemon curd.
Unrelated but sort of related: we need a new word for “curd” – that word does not aptly describe the deliciousness of what curd actually is. Let’s call it creamy dreamy sweet lemon sauce? Hmm, let me think on this…
See the silver spoon in the picture? That was my spoon from when I was a baby. Now I use it to feed my baby Tony. I never knew I could have so many feelings about a utensil…
Let me know what you think of this super simple lemon curd! Oh excuse me, I mean this creamy dreamy sweet lemon sauce 😉 And tell me how you use it!
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until mostly smooth (it may be a little grainy due to the butter and that’s okay).
- Pour the contents of the blender into an oven-safe glass container and cover it tightly with foil.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot, place the trivet inside, then place the glass container on top of the trivet.
- Secure the lid, close the valve and cook for 5 minutes at high pressure.
- Naturally release pressure.
- Give the container a stir and watch as it transforms from looking like a set custard to becoming a perfectly smooth and creamy curd.