Thai food doesn’t get easier than this! Creamy coconut chicken curry is coming to an instant pot near you…
Make some room y’all because this Thai coconut chicken curry is about to move in! It’s going to take a spot on your regular dinner menu and it’s never going to leave. Ever. Which is totally okay. Because you’re going to fall in love with it immediately.
If you love Thai food (and really, who doesn’t?), then you’re going to love this chicken curry. It tastes kind of like a cross between red curry and panang curry. It’s saucy and well seasoned and nutty and creamy and crunchy and citrusy! It has great flavor and texture and basically everything you’d want in a curry. Oh, and it’s easy to make.
Pour and cook recipes are the best. You guys really liked my easy curried chicken and ever since sharing that recipe, I’ve been dreaming up different variations.
I’m all about the easy recipe life and it looks like you’re about it too. Weekdays are stressful – heck, weekends too. You know what shouldn’t be stressful? Cooking. There’s no reason to stress out about what to feed yourself or your family, not when you’ve got me in your life.
There’s a reason you and I get along so well. It’s because we get each other. You like good food and you also like to be lazy sometimes. Right? Right.
Well this is Thai food at its absolute laziest…
Like, you pour a bunch of ingredients together, mix and press start.
10-ish minutes later…
Hi, dinner! Gosh, you look good. I could just eat you up!
You only need a handful of ingredients to make this Thai chicken curry: chicken thighs, coconut milk, red curry paste, peanut butter and a few spices. These ingredients are all mostly pantry staples! If red curry paste isn’t a pantry staple for you – it really should be. So much flavor in that little bottle!
Serve this curry over my instant pot jasmine rice. And if you feel like putting in a bit of effort, top it with crunchy (chopped) peanuts, fresh Thai basil and a big squeeze of lime juice!Print
- 1 ½ pounds skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 1 (14 ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce, optional
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne, adjust to taste
- Handful of fresh Thai basil and/or cilantro, chopped
- Crushed peanuts
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Add the coconut milk, peanut butter, red curry paste, chili sauce (if using) and spices to the instant pot and mix well. Then add the chicken to the pot.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 5 minutes at high pressure.
- Naturally release pressure (or NPR for 10 minutes, then release pressure).
- Using two forks, shred the chicken right into the curry (or you can remove the chicken and cut it into chunks if you prefer)
- Sprinkle with Thai basil/cilantro and crushed peanuts if desired. You can also serve this with lime wedges and add a squeeze of lime juice before eating.