Once you start making your own breakfast sausage, you’ll never want to buy it from a store again. Not only are organic/healthy store-bought sausage patties overpriced, they’re also nowhere near as good as homemade patties. Plus, making sausage patties is so easy! You can make a bunch, freeze them and enjoy them over time.
Have I sold you on making your own patties, yet? If not, just wait. Let me tell you about these sweet and savory maple sage sausage patties:
They are SO flavorful! The sweet maple flavor shines through and the sage adds a savory earthy flavor to the meat. Those two ingredients combined with a blend of seasonings makes for meat that tastes like a treat!
You can of course drizzle these sausage patties with more maple syrup for an even sweeter flavor if you want to… just an idea 😉
- 1 pound pork
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter - enough to shallow fry
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the butter, into a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 patties.
- Melt the butter in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the patties to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.