This is not your typical banana bread… it’s better. Why? Because I use a super special secret ingredient to make this Paleo Banana Bread awesome. Banana bread has a rep of being sort of dry and crumbly – nothing special. I wasn’t a fan of it growing up, but this paleofied version… oh it’s good.
So, what’s my super special secret ingredient? Apple juice. Yep. 100 percent apple juice is what makes this banana bread perfectly moist and it also eliminates the need for any additional sugar. The bananas and apple juice add the perfect amount of sweetness to the bread.
This recipe is very simple – mix the dry ingredients together in your stand mixer, then add the wet ingredients while the mixer is on low. Pour it in a loaf pan, and bake. I use almond flour as the base for this bread with a bit of coconut flour as well. The reason I use coconut flour is because it’s great at absorbing moisture and so it absorbs the apple juice – making this bread moist rather than mushy. I learned this trick when I made my boozy Christmas cake last year and needed my cake to absorb the caramel rum sauce.
When the bread comes out of the oven, spread some ghee on a thick slice and serve. I enjoy eating this bread with a cup of my masala chai for breakfast. You can also enjoy this as a snack or as dessert (as if I really needed to say that…)!Print
- 4 ripe bananas, (~2 cups mashed)
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbs Grassfed Organic Ghee or Coconut Oil
- ½ cup 100% Apple Juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a stand mixer, add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Slowly pour wet ingredients while the mixer is on low. Mix until well combined then pour into a greased or parchment lined loaf pan.
- Place in your preheated oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife/toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and once cool enough to touch, carefully flip the bread out and allow it to continue cooling.
- Slice and serve.