These prosciutto egg cups are not only adorable and portable… they’re also practical. They take minutes to prepare and after a short time in the oven, you end up with a dozen egg cups. I eat 2-3 for breakfast along with a cup of masala chai so for me, this is about 4-6 days worth of breakfast.
In addition to running this blog, I also have a full-time marketing job. I’m always looking for breakfast-on-the-go and these salty, crispy prosciutto bowls do the trick. I love filling them with a spicy egg mixture and topping them with creamy goat cheese (chèvre), but if you’re pressed for time, you can always just break an egg into the prosciutto-lined muffin well. These little breakfast cups reheat beautifully.
These hand-held egg cups are also perfect for a weekend brunch. They taste as good as they look and you can make them the night before. I also suggest making these spaghetti squash breakfast cups and serving them both for some variety.Print
Prosciutto Egg Cups
- Yield: 12
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Liberally grease a muffin pan.
- Cut a prosciutto slice in half and line one muffin well using both pieces. Repeat until all of the muffin wells are lined.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, serrano pepper, red onion, baby portobello mushrooms, and spices and mix well. Pour the egg mixture into the prosciutto-lined wells and top with crumbed chèvre if using.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes.
If not using prosciutto, be sure to add more salt.