“Don’t buy me roses, I’d rather eat them,” said no girl ever… until now.
Make these little melt in your mouth treats and maybe you’ll say the same thing. This Rose and Coconut Fudge tastes as it sounds… like rose-flavored coconut fudge. Drizzle a little chocolate on top and you’ve got chocolate and roses in one tiny bundle.
This soft fudge is made with just five ingredients: rose water, coconut butter, beet juice, honey and water (chocolate is optional – but who am I kidding).
For those unfamiliar with coconut butter – it’s the meat of the coconut (plus coconut oil). It’s rich and creamy and perfectly spreadable but only when warmed. If it’s cold outside – coconut butter will harden and become crumbly. To fix this, just put your jar (lid removed) in some simmering water over the stove. This hot water bath will make coconut butter nice and creamy.
Once you’ve got your creamy coconut butter in hand, pour it into a bowl along with melted honey, beet juice and rose water. Add a tablespoon of hot water to help make the mixture even smoother. Spoon this mixture into a mold and put it in the freezer until it hardens. Allow it to come to room temp and then drizzle some chocolate on top!
I think these little treats are perfect for Valentine’s Day (since ya know, they smell like roses and are bright pink). I know I’ll be getting chocolate + roses this year… in the form of these sweet little heart-shaped treats!
- ½ cup coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey adjust to taste
- 1 tablespoon beet juice
- ½ teaspoon rose water adjust to taste
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- optional: enjoy life chocolate chips or other chocolate for drizzling on top!
- If coconut butter is hard, melt it in a hot water bath by placing the jar (lid removed) in a saucepan filled with water.
- Once creamy, pour the coconut butter into a bowl along with the honey, beet juice, rose water and hot water.
- Mix until well blended (taste and add a little more rose water if you'd like) and place into a mold.
- Freeze until solid, about 45 minutes.
- Allow the fudge to come to room temperature, then drizzle some melted chocolate on top!
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Leave a Comment & Rating