With fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme and sage, you know these savory herb breakfast patties are going to be delicious. These simple three herb beef patties are also perfect for lunch or dinner. If the weather’s nice outside, throw them on the grill. The recipe for this easy dish comes to you from The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook, written by Mickey Trescott.
If you’re not familiar with Autoimmune Paleo (AIP), it’s basically a stricter version of the Paleo diet. Some people with autoimmune disorders (Lupus, Hashimoto’s, Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s, etc) have found some relief following this specialized diet. People following AIP can’t eat the following:
dairy, grains, legumes, nuts, eggs, seeds and nightshades like tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant and peppers
Seems kind of limiting right? Well, that’s why it’s important to have a good recipe and resource guide. Plus, the recipes in this book are sure to please everyone around the dinner table, regardless of food allergies and dietary restrictions.
Some of the recipes I’m excited about trying are:
- Sides: Radish and Jicama Tabbouli, Beet and Fennel Soup
- Meals: Morrocan Lamb Stew, Orange-Rosemary Duck, Curried Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- Desserts: Pear Caramel Pie, Apple-Cranberry Crumble, Raspberry Coconut “Cheesecake”
In addition to the 110+ recipes, The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook also includes shopping guides, meal plans and tips on batch cooking.Print
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, fresh herbs, and salt.
- Using your hands, form into 12 patties.
- Heat the cooking fat in a cast-iron skillet on medium heat. Cook the patties for about 5 to 8 minutes per side, until nicely browned on the outside and cooked throughout. (Alternatively, bake the patties in the oven for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees F.)
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.