I am always trying to find creative ways to use ground beef. It’s a protein that I almost always have in the fridge because it’s so easy to cook at the last minute. The only issue with ground beef is that it can be boring… unless you spice it up! That’s exactly what I’ve done with this recipe.
My recipe for spicy sage ground beef and green beans is delicious on its own or served over rice or cauli-rice. If you’re eating it for breakfast, you can even top it with a fried egg (my favorite thing to do with leftovers!).
Make this on a busy weeknight and wow your family members. It’s so simple, so flavorful and so good.Print
Spicy Sage Ground Beef and Green Beans
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or fat of choice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Serrano pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of chopped sage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt, adjust to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound green beans
- Add the avocado oil, onion, and Serano pepper to a dutch oven over medium heat and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Next, add the garlic and sage and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, salt, black pepper and cook until the meat is mostly browned.
- Then add the green beans, mix well and cover with a lid. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until green beans are tender