These cookies are seriously the best gluten free chocolate chip cookies. They are soft and chewy and a little crisp and crackly and so delicious. They also happen to be flourless, grain-free and paleo-friendly – but trust me, you’d never know!
the best flourless, gluten free cookies!
These cookies are PERFECTION. I’m not kidding y’all. This recipe is magical. I have created the unicorn of cookies. And they only take 10 minutes to bake!
Have I hyped this chocolate chip cookie recipe enough for you yet? I mean, I did just call this the unicorn of cookies. I am so so so happy with this cookie recipe! It is my new FAVORITE cookie and I can’t wait for it to be yours too!
These cookies are light and airy and crackly. I mean, do you see these beautiful crackles? They’re also so buttery soft and the slightest bit chewy.
This really is a must try cookie recipe. Don’t want to take my word? Here is what my junk-food loving husband had to say about these cookies:
Roby (my husband): is this a real cookie?
Ashley (me): what do you mean? 🤷🏽♀️
Roby: It tastes like a real chocolate chip cookie and not some paleo or gluten-free thing. 😏
Ashley (me): 🙄 (but secretly 🤓)
I’ll admit it y’all. The other gluten-free/paleo cookies on my blog can sometimes taste… “healthy-ish” when compared to a regular cookie. But not this cookie. This cookie is worthy of the cookie name. It deserves a seat on the cookie throne.
You can get creative with these cookies and substitute ingredients if you want to. I’ve made this cookie recipe in many different ways but my FAVORITE combination: cashew butter for the nut butter and cane sugar for the sweetener. You can use coconut sugar if you want to – just know it’ll change the color of the cookie.
The ingredients in this recipe look a bit similar to those in my 3-ingredient cookie recipe but don’t be fooled, the two cookies are different! Those cookies while tasty are different in texture. They are thick and dense. These cookies are much lighter. There are a few extra ingredients in this recipe that really make a difference. A bit of baking soda helps them spread out a bit and makes them thin, soft and chewy. I’ve also added some vanilla extract which gives more of a “warm cookie flavor” to the cookie… that’s a thing, right? And then of course there’s a little sprinkle of flaky sea salt which elevates this chocolate chip cookie to a whole ‘nother level. These cookies are sweet, salty and cookie perfection.
Make these flourless paleo chocolate chip cookies for a party or a weekend movie night or whenever you want! They’re simple to make, call for ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry and they bake in just 10 minutes!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add the nut butter, sugar, egg, baking soda and vanilla extract to a bowl and mix until well combined. A hand mixer will make this process faster but you can mix this by hand too.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop, place the dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Use your fingers to flatten the cookie. Repeat until the dough is done.
- Sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool down a bit then using a spatula, carefully move them to a wire rack to cool down completely. These cookies set once cool (if you pick them up while they are hot, they will crumble).
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for 3-4 days.
- Make sure to really stir the nut butter before measuring.
- You can use any nut butter but I highly suggest using cashew butter (it’s my favorite!).
- I also suggest using cane sugar though you can use coconut sugar – just know the color of the cookie will be a darker shade of brown.
- If you don’t have a cookie scoop, you can measure out the dough using a tablespoon. Just roll it into a ball, flatten it into a cookie and then place on a baking sheet. Repeat until dough is done.